Opened in 1990, Aberdeen & Northern Marts' flagship Thainstone Centre is firmly established as the agri-hub for the North East of Scotland.
Many organisations serving the farming industry have a permanent presence at Thainstone, including the National Farmers' Union of Scotland, Scottish Agricultural College and Clydesdale Bank, as well as legal and accountancy practices, animal feed suppliers, animal health specialists and agricultural machinery companies.
The centre is widely recognised as the most modern auction mart in Europe as a result of its innovative design features and excellent livestock handling facilities, which ensure the efficient and stress-free handling of stock.
- Three recently refurbished purpose-built sale rings
- A large exhibition hall (Thainstone Exchange), covered accommodation for 3,000 cattle or 14,000 sheep, or a combination of both
- Straw-bedded lairage accommodation to rest livestock travelling from a distance such as Orkney, Shetland & Caithness.
- In-house catering team (Thainstone Events)
- On-site Porterhouse Coffee Bar and Restaurant and The Gallery restaurant
The centre operates most days of the week hosting regular and seasonal auctions, as well as other sales. Each one attracts the very best of Scottish livestock, and a large following of buyers from across the UK.
Well-established shows and sales of pedigree stock are also an important feature of the annual sales programme.
As well as major annual sales such as the Thainstone Spectacular and the Royal Northern Spring Show, it’s also home to auctions of farm machinery, building and industrial equipment and commercial vehicles.
The versatility of the centre, and the availability of high-quality in-house catering, makes Thainstone an ideal venue for conferences, trade exhibitions, seminars, concerts, dances and other social functions.
Click here to contact an individual member of the Thainstone team